Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Slow Going...

It's been a little frustrating lately, this weight loss journey.  I'm not experiencing the "fat melting off me like butter" feeling any more.  The past month has been a slow weight loss month with only a couple of pounds of net loss.  In nurse logic, I know that slower weight loss is better and healthier.  Further nurse logic also reminds me that less physical activity equates to less excess weight loss.  I know, I know....

I just have to remind myself of where I have come and what I have accomplished thus far.  I have to remind myself of the changes I have experienced and the improvements to my health, all ready.

Greg and Adrienne's wedding.  I felt so bad about myself here.  I hated how I looked and how I felt.  I hated this dress and I felt so huge.  A beautiful day for the newly weds, not so beautiful for me. :(

Who knows when, who cares. Obviously very over weight here.  Wow.  Probably close to my highest weight. 
January 2012, before my weight loss journey gained momentum.
Again, in January as I begin my journey. 



But, the bigger reminder of all is that I am on a life long journey and I can't stop doing the work.  VSG is not, was not a cure for my obesity.  It is not the easy way out and it won't fix things especially if I am not willing to do the work.  I can't hole up on my couch and expect that Dr. Malley's staple line of my now 4-6 ounce stomach is enough to become the super model I long to be.  Okay, I don't want to be a super model.  I just want to be healthy and live a long life.  The super model bod will be the added benefit.

Just before my very first 5 k with my girlie, 11/17/12.  I feel good about myself here.  
Night out on the town with the hubs. New jeans!  I felt beautiful this night, felt success.

Today.  A work in progress, a journey every day.


















I will keep up the work.  I will reinvest the energy and time to make the accomplishments that I am looking for.  I will review these pictures (and others I refuse to show) to remind myself of where I never want to be again and of where I am headed today....a journey every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment